Another Friday brings yet another flurry of new releases from artists around the world.
Most notable in the releases this week is none other than Taylor Swift.
The 31-year-old is in the process of re-releasing her first five studio albums, and the latest to re-enter the world is grammy nominated ‘Red’.
The 30-song record features nine tracks from the vault, including a collaboration with Phoebe Bridgers, and the 10-minute version of All Too Well.
And following the theme of nostalgia this week is girl band Little Mix.
The trio released album Between Us, a greatest hits collection featuring four new tracks, in celebration of their ten-year anniversary.
Beyoncé also returned this week with Be Alive – written specifically for the upcoming film King Richard based on Serena and Venus Williams and their father, Richard Williams.
From music royalty to the new kids on the block: Holly Humberstone and Gracie Abrams both put EPs out into the world, the former opting for six songs while the latter compiled twelve.
And after multiple trending songs across TikTok in particular, Silk Sonic has released eagerly-awaited album An Evening With Silk Sonic.
It features nine songs, including the hit single Leave The Door Open which has amassed over 600 million Spotify streams.
unCrazed’s New Music Picks of the Week
• Taylor Swift – Red TV (We recommend: 10-minute All Too Well, Nothing New featuring Phoebe Bridgers, Begin Again)
• Little Mix – Between Us (We recommend: Cut You Off, Secret Love Song pt. II, Power featuring Stormzy)
• Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic (We recommend: Leave The Door Open, Smokin Out The Window, Blast Off)
• Holly Humberstone – The Walls are Way Too Thin (We recommend: Scarlett, Please Don’t Leave Quite Yet, Friendly Fire)
• Gracie Abrams – This Is What It Feels Like (We recommend: Feels Like, Bottom, Better)
• Mitski – The Only Heartbreaker
• Beyoncè – Be Alive
• Fred again… – Faisal (Envelops Me)
• Avril Lavigne – Bite Me
• Mabel – Time After Time (cover)
• Beach House – Superstar (from EP Once Twice Melody)
• Sarcastic Sounds featuring Maisie Peters – Song You’ll Never Hear
Artist on the Rise – Etta Marcus
Earlier this year, South London singer/songwriter Etta Marcus released her debut single Hide & Seek.
The song has since earned almost 500 thousand streams and seen Marcus gain over 200 thousand monthly listeners.
This week she released follow up single Salt Lake City featuring Matt Maltese – whose song As The World Caves In had a big year, reaching over 160 million streams on Spotify.
Marcus is inspired by the likes of Joni Mitchell, Jeff Buckley and Alex Turner, and can be stylistically likened to artists such as Samia and Lucy Dacus.
Even in comparison, she still manages to offer something uniquely brilliant ahead of her upcoming EP release.
You can find more celebrity news on our website and iOS & Android application.