Notwithstanding a colossal commotion from the Android people group, numerous OEMs (and once in a while even transporters) keep on selling cell phones with bloatware and undesirable applications pre-introduced. While the greater part of the business has selected to utilize Google applications naturally on their Android cell phones, chances are your next cell phone will in any case accompany various undesirable and superfluous applications. These applications can go anything from web-based features to video games to some of the time in any event, betting applications.
Such applications can be very irritating as they consume the extra room of your Android gadget, and numerous OEMs don’t permit uninstalling them. As a general rule, these applications even send prominent notices and could show promotions on your gadget. On the off chance that you are irritated by such pre-introduced applications and need to eliminate them from your Android gadget, then you’ve come to the ideal locations.
In this aide, we make sense of how you can eliminate bloatware and transporter applications from your Android cell phone. One thing essential to note here is that this strategy works without root, and you can play out this with practically no exceptional honors. Additionally, this technique works for outsider applications as well as first-party applications too. For instance, in the event that you could do without the default notes application of your Android cell phone, you can uninstall it and decide to utilize Google Keep as your default notes application.
Disable pre-installed apps
If you’re worried that uninstalling pre-installed apps from your Android device could hinder with its normal functioning, the best option would be to disable the app. Many smartphone manufacturers allow you to disable pre-installed apps instead of completely uninstalling them. This will not free up storage space, but it will stop the app from running in the background. Moreover, the app you disable will also no longer show up in the app drawer. To disable an app, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the icon of the app you want to disable.
- Select App Info.
- On the App Info screen, tap the button that Disable.
- Select Disable App.
If you don’t see the Disable option in the app settings, it means that your Android smartphone does not support disabling pre-installed apps. In this case, you can remove them by following the methods mentioned down below.
How to remove bloatware apps from Android
Before we explain, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your Android device. To enable USB debugging, go to the Setting → About Phone and then tap the Build number several times until the pop-up “You’re now a developer” shows up. Now head over to the Developer Options in Android settings and then turn on USB debugging.
As well as empowering USB troubleshooting, you want to ensure that ADB is introduced on your Mac or Windows gadget. Our sister site XDA Developers has a fantastic aide that makes sense of how you can introduce ADB on your Windows, macOS, and Linux gadget in only two or three stages. When ADB is introduced on your PC/PC, the following thing for you to do is to pick the strategy you need to continue with.
Follow the principal technique assuming that you’re acquainted with how Command Prompt (on Windows) or Terminal (on macOS and Linux-based OSes) works. In the event that you don’t know (or are not happy with utilizing Command Prompt), follow the second strategy that assists you with eliminating bloatware applications from your Android gadget utilizing a basic GUI.
If you’re familiar with Command Prompt/Terminal
If you know the basics of Command Prompt /Terminal, you can follow these steps to remove bloatware apps from your Android device. This method doesn’t require you to download and install any file.
- Connect your Android device to a Windows or macOS device with ADB installed.
- Now, open the Command Prompt or Terminal on your device. Type
cdand then drag and drop the ADB folder over the command-line window. Press enter.
- Now, type
./adb deviceson macOS) and press enter. You’ll receive a pop-up on your phone asking you to Allow USB Debugging? Tap on the Allow, and if you want, you can also checkmark the Always allow from this computer box for ease in the future.
- You should now be able to see your Android device under the List of devices attached.
- Now, you’ll have to find out the package name of the app you want to uninstall from your Android device. To find out the app package name, download and install the App Inspector app from the Google Play Store. Using this app, you can check the package name of the app that you want to uninstall.
- You can also get the names of all the apps on your Android phone using this code:
pm list packages | grep '[OEM/Carrier/App Name]'. Let’s say you have got a OnePlus smartphone and you want to retrieve the name of all the apps pre-installed by OnePlus on your phone, you would use the command
pm list packages | grep 'oneplus'.
- Once you deduce the package name of your desired app, type
pm uninstall -k --user 0 [package name]in the command-line window and press enter. The app should now be removed from your Android device.
- In case you want to reinstall the app, you can do the same using the command-line tool. To re-install the already deleted app, enter
adb shell cmd package install-existing [package name]in the command-line window and press enter. The app should now be restored on your device.
If you’re not familiar with Command Prompt/Terminal
In case you’re not familiar with how Command Prompt or Terminal works, follow these steps:
- Head over to this link and download the Universal Android Debloater (UAD) application on your device. Click on the Assets button and then select the appropriate file for your device. (Download the
.EXEfile if you’re using Windows and
.tar.gzif you’re using macOS).
- Next, connect your Android smartphone to a computing device using a USB cable. After connecting it, you should receive a pop-up on your phone (similar to the one shown below) asking you to Allow USB Debugging? Tap on the Allow, and if you want, you can also checkmark the Always allow from this computer box for ease in the future.
- Now, copy and paste the file you downloaded to the ADB folder.
- Open the file from the ADB folder. UAD should automatically detect the model of your Android smartphone.
- On the next screen, make sure Recommended, Enabled, and All lists are selected under the top drop-down menu. Based on your device’s ROM, UAD will automatically select the list of bloatware apps that can be safely removed from your device.
- If you want to uninstall specific carrier apps, select carrier from the drop-down menu.
- Now select the apps you want to uninstall. Once done, select the Uninstall selection, which is given at the bottom right corner. Once the operation is completed, the selected apps will be removed from your device.
- However, if you mistakenly uninstall a core app or an app that you didn’t want to delete, you can restore it using the UAD tool. If you want to restore a package, select Uninstalled or Disabled from the drop-down menu. Select the app you want to restore and then click on Restore selection.
Is there anything else that you can do?
On the off chance that you’re not ready to debilitate the application on your Android cell phone or find the ADB techniques troublesome, there are a few alternate ways that you can attempt to eliminate bloatware from your Android gadget. One of the ways is to stow away the application from the application cabinet.
Most current Android gadgets accompany the choice that permits the clients to stow away applications from the home screen and application cabinet. For e.g., you can stow away applications on OnePlus gadgets involving the secret space in the application cabinet. Basically swipe right when the application cabinet is open, and you’ll have the option to stow away/unhide applications. Essentially, on Xiaomi gadgets, look for “buried applications” in the telephone settings.
Be that as it may, in the event that you believe that a long-lasting arrangement and need should eliminate bloatware applications totally from your Android telephone, ADB is the best approach. Assuming you have any inquiries or run into any issues following the techniques referenced above, let us in on in the remark segment underneath, and we’ll very much love to help.